Expeedio Pty Limited and its associates are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we will be bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (Australia), which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
This statement, called “Protecting Your Privacy Online”, sets out important information about privacy protections which we extend to your personal information. It relates to personal information that you provide to us through our websites and software. (eg when you subscribe to our services online and use our software).
How We Collect Personal Information
Expeedio collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on our websites (e.g. during registration or application for products and services), when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives From publicly available sources of information
- From the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”
- From our own records of how you use your Expeedio issued software and services
How We Use Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Identify you and to assist you to subscribe to our website services more easily;
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- Research and develop our services
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market to you other services which we consider may be of interest to you. Before we do so, we will provide you with an opportunity to give us permission to send you marketing or promotional material (such as promotional email offers), via an opt-in mechanism. That is, we will send you such material only if you elect to receive it or if it is provided to you in response to your request. You may also notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information Collected From Our Websites
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you use our web sites. Such information may include your name, date of birth, gender, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s license number and your Expeedio issued Software username or password. We may also collect details of your personal interests etc.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Our websites record other information as well. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of those sites to provide users with an improved service. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
Expeedio also uses systems to analyse usage statistics on our websites. This analysis is performed using anonymous data collected from the website. No personally identifiable information is collected by the software and we cannot link this anonymous statistical data to any personal information you may have volunteered to Expeedio for registration purposes or for any other requests for products and services.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
For the purposes set out above (under “How we use your personal information”) we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Expeedio. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
Outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Mailing systems
- Billing and debt-recovery functions
- Information technology services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
- Marketing services
- Market research
- Our related companies
- Your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Help Us to Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
Expeedio takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend you:
let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
Keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
If you wish to access or modify personal information which you have provided via our websites, but cannot access that information at our websites, please send an email using the Contact Us page.
You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email using the Contact Us page. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Expeedio reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Security of Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our websites are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. Expeedio (via outsourced providers) operates secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information.
What Else You Should Know About Privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and our websites.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com